Just An Ontario Girl In A Newfoundland World

Listening to the wind and rain is a nice setting for writing, the wind is howling and the rain is falling. Everyone has gone to bed, and I always find this time to be my favourite time to write. It's been several months since I last wrote so here I am, back to share with you all again.

Today as I was scrolling through my Facebook feed, I noticed this shirt, and when I seen it, I thought ok, very cool, that will be the title of my new blog. For the record I didn't buy it, but definitely thought it was cute.



I am not sure if you have been following my blogs, but if you have, you know that I relocated to Bonavista from Ontario before Christmas last year with my husband and younger daughter. My older kids stayed in BC, and Ontario. As I've talked about before, it has been a whirlwind, I am the type of person if I want something bad enough I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen. So to summarize, we went home last summer, sold our house, sold our belongings and came back and then moved in with family in Bonavista. Wow that was a challenging year!

Fast forward to today, so here we are, we've moved into our own place just a few weeks ago. What an awesome feeling, once the furniture was delivered and we cleaned everything I just couldn't wait to move in. I've always had a vision in my head of what I wanted. Once we got the green light to start choosing, Kevin and I patiently and slowly picked everything out we needed for the house. I can be a very impatient person at times, but I really did take my time with the details and decisions.

Sleeping in our house the first night was incredible, I almost felt like pinching myself thinking, wow is this home really mine. When you want something bad enough, dream about it, work towards it. and then fulfill it. You can't help but feel happy and proud, what an accomplishment! Knowing where I came from and where I am today, I have to commend myself. If your not aware, read my older posts.

Since moving here I've met some really wonderful people, whether they are inviting you over for dinner, bringing you a house warming dessert or helping out with Kayla, their is always someone showing up to help or visit. One of the other reasons why I wanted to move to Newfoundland was to be around family and to "slow down" but I soon realized those words do not exist in my vocabulary.

Over the summer I was contacted to apply for a position at the college as a Program Coordinator for The Transition to Work program, I knew I had to take it.  I am a trained Certified Professional Coach and my passion is to make an impact, and help people achieve their goals. Seeing them succeeding has been such a reward to me. I am also very fortunate and grateful to have the flexibility with my full time job from Ontario so I was able to take on the role. God has been good to me!

All it takes is for you to believe in someone. Have you told someone lately that you are proud of them, and that you believe in them. There are people out there with so much potential and all it takes is for someone to say " I believe in you". Lets start a conversation on social media, using the hashtag #IBelieveInYou, lets stand with these people and help support them as they take steps into their future.

Lets make it happen!

Until then....Thanks for stopping by.

Much Love,
Shelley Harris

Comments

Popular Posts