Life In Newfoundland

Hi All,



It is 2 days after Christmas and I am sitting here writing, something I've wanted to do for the past month. Many people asked me why did you want to move to Newfoundland, why would you leave your family, friends, and a great job? My answer has always been, my heart is in Newfoundland and I want a safe place for Kayla to grow up. I want her to be surrounded by unconditional love and family. Sounds like a great answer huh...

Well the adjustment and move to Newfoundland has been great in so many ways, the love I feel from family for me and Kayla is what I have searched for, and I am truly blessed. I've always said I can adjust to any surroundings, adapt to any changes and still maintain a smile on my face. But this move has really knocked the wind out of me. As alot of my friends and family know I am a very social person, and I love to be surrounded by good people. This move is teaching me so many things.

I remember one of the things in Ontario was the pace. The pace for me was ridiculous, I would complain about it being to busy, not enough time, I don't spend enough quality time with Kayla, or Brianna. So after coming back from Newfoundland in the summer, from our vacation, Kevin and I made the decision to sell our home and move. This move was something we wanted to do for years, but never felt right until my older kids moved out. Once we determined to sell, everything after that happened very quickly. I don't know if I had enough time to process it all.

I never had doubt that one day I would be living here, but it was almost like there was not enough time to process all the changes that were happening. So many emotions were running through me, and I am asking God, how am I to deal with all of these emotions? Kev has said many times that I can be a very cold person, but since moving I have been very emotional. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not lol. I think because I grew up in a very cold and neglected home, I never really attached myself to emotions or feelings. Living here is allowing me to be in touch with my feelings, and express them to my husband. My husband has been absolutely amazing and attentive to my feelings and my emotions, he is doing whatever it takes to make me happy.

The holidays have been quite the struggle, I miss my kids, some family, friends and my best friend. I told my husband my best friend and I really struggled being away from each other, so we decided to do the every other year for Christmas, this will help in so many ways. Living in a slower pace has given my husband and I time to really sit down and have some great conversations. One day in particular I was extremely emotional, and he said do you want to move back to Ontario? And even though I thought it a couple of times, I reminded myself to look at the big picture, why did you move here. Right now it is difficult because we don't have our own space, but in time when we build our own home, things will be great, and life will be good.

He needed to hear that I didn't want to move back to Ontario. He understands that this is a huge adjustment, and it is going to take time. He has been incredibly patient. You have to look and plan your life differently here, and that is okay, this is what we asked for. Kayla is settling down, she has been up and down too. She wanted to move back,  I acknowledge her feelings, and that seems to really help. She is meeting new kids each day, and is finding happiness. Kayla and I go on our daily walks, and talk about our feelings, and I do a check in to make sure she is doing okay. She really looks forward to our walk each day.

We are so excited to see what 2015 brings, I think I've gotten past the emotional stuff, and look forward to securing our land, and building our home. Kayla and I are are going to Ontario for 10 days in April, and look forward to reconnecting with family and friends.

If you struggle with certain thoughts, look at your bigger vision, what is your focus. The path to your vision is not going to be easy, but if you are committed, and keep the focus, you can do what you have to, to achieve the goal/life you want.

Thanks for stopping by...Until next time

Missing you,
Shelley







Comments

Popular Posts