Life You Want Miami

Hi All,

Oh Miami how I loved you...

The night before we left for the Life You Want Tour in Miami, my friend and fellow OWN Ambassador Jan came over and spent the night. We had an  early morning flight to Miami in the morning. The flight was short, so when we landed, I took in the nice warm weather, although it was raining I was so happy to be getting away for a few days. We arrived at The Beacon Hotel on Ocean Drive in South Beach. The hotel was beautiful, it was right at the beach, so anytime we wanted to walk over it was right there.

When we arrived on the Thursday, we dropped our stuff off in our room and headed over to the beach to check it out. The rain had stopped so we were able to spend a couple of hours on the beach. My friend rested on the beach and I went for a walk, it was nice to walk and take it all in. Later on we headed back to our room where Jan rested up and I went out exploring. That night a few more OWN Ambassadors had reached Miami, so we got together at Luisa's home (OWN Ambassador) for a Mexican themed dinner. Luisa and her husband John were wonderful hosts, what a great time we all had. It was so amazing to get together with everyone and get caught up on what was happening in each of our lives.

A few of the OWN Ambassadors

On Friday we woke up, had breakfast and headed to OTown for the day at the American Airlines Arena. There were all kinds of activities and booths you could check out. Even with all the rain we made the best of it, we had lots of laughs, won a dance competition, got our seats bumped up, on the local news, but the best part was the company. Later in the afternoon we had lunch, and found a salon where a couple of the ladies got their hair done, the rest of us happily waited in the dry salon. We all wanted to look and feel good for the 1st part of the Life You Want tour with Oprah. As we arrived into the arena the energy was electrifying. The vibe was going on, had some great chats with people. Seeing and saying hi to more OWN Ambassadors, the night was off to a great start. Shortly after getting settled into our seats, Oprah made her presence. Her message was clear, this weekend was about creating the Life You Want. Once the evening was done, we gathered with our friends, and talked about how awesome Oprah's message was. We arrived at our hotel, had room service, and called it somewhat of an early night.

OTown

On Saturday it was a full day with Oprah and her Trailblazers. We had the pleasure to be educated by Oprah, and then listen to her guests. At one point Oprah asked us to close our eyes and envision what we want for someone we love. It had to be detailed and specific. I enjoyed this task, in life sometimes we are not aware, with the excercise we stopped and just envisioned what we want for the person we love. Have you ever looked at someone in the eyes and just spoke from the heart? While doing the exercise I could not just pick one, so I envisioned my best friend, my children, and my husband. To summarize, I want them to know how they help create the person I am today. I want them to have happiness, health, and success.

The Trailblazers all brought powerful messages. I could honestly relate to each one. The beauty of the day, it felt like the guest speakers were speaking to me directly. Rob Bell brought in a message about living to our greatest potential. Elizabeth Gilbert talked about living life and rise above your fears. Deepak talked about the importance of meditation. Iyanla talked about being true to yourself and endure the labour pains to get what you want. Iyanla did not disappoint, in addition she brought her comedic self, never a dull moment with Iyanla, so many laughs.

In addition to all the wonderfulness, the OWN Ambassadors also had the pleasure to meet with Oprah during lunch, and as always, she was gracious.

Saturday night the OWN Ambassadors gathered at Bubba Gump restaurant in Bayside to discuss and reflect about the the last two days, it had such an impact on all of us. We reminisced about our time in California and how Oprah has brought us all together. We truly are a unique group, I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful Framily (Friends like family).

Overall, the weekend brought me so much clarity, and realization. This is one of the reasons why we decided to up and leave Ontario, and move 3300 kms away to Newfoundland. I want to be present, I want to be aware, and I want to be true to myself. This move will allow me to live the life I always dreamt about. As I said to my husband earlier, there are different levels of happiness & I feel I'm near the peak of my happiness. Stepping out of your comfort zone & fear will bring you so much comfort and joy.

Thanks for stopping bye...

Bye For Now

Much Love,
Shelley



Life You Want Tour Miami


South Beach Miami

Deepak Chopra and Oprah


My friend Jan and fellow OWN Ambassador

Iyanla and Oprah

Iyanla

Robert Bell and Oprah

Elizabeth Gilbert - Author, Eat Pray Love





Comments

Popular Posts